XData and Eco Insulation: Easy as 1-2-3
Eco Insulation provides award winning “planet friendly” insulation and acoustic services for New Zealand homes. Having already used ACT! to manage contact details they looked to Xact Software for help with streamlining their quoting process. One of the key objectives of this project was to reduce the level of paper usage and better align their business practices with the company’s “Eco” image.
The process for inspecting houses and preparing quotes was extremely frustrating for both scopers (staff that visit potential clients and assess the site) and administrative staff as it involved a lot of paperwork and duplicate data entry.
Scopers would pre-print the insulation forms for all their upcoming activities and fill these by hand on-site. When they got back to the office admin staff would enter this data into ACT! and Excel then file the forms, and the scopers would start preparing quotes, re-familiarising themselves with each site as they went. When customers wanted to proceed, data from the installation form and quote were re-entered into QuickBooks and an invoice was generated.
With the help of Xact Software and XData, the API for ACT!, Eco Insulation have been able to simplify this process, eliminate duplicate data entry, make it easy for reps and administrative staff to stay informed and significantly reduce their paper usage.
Xact Software created a web portal, powered by XData so scopers could log in using any Wi-Fi connected tablet. This provides them with instant access to their ACT! contacts and task list, plus the ability to complete the required installation forms and provide quotes on the spot. All of the data feeds back to ACT! live - and can then be used to invoice customers and produce reports.
Step 1: View Task List
When scopers log in to the portal they are presented with a task list. Here they can choose to view contact details for an upcoming task, schedule a new task or choose an existing task to complete.
Step 2: Fill in Insulation Form
Scopers can now enter customer data into their insulation forms with ease as well as attach/sketch images. When submitted, form data is sent directly to ACT!
Step 3: Prepare Quotes
Scopers can also generate up to 2 quotes for a customer on the spot and email them right away. When a quote is saved a new ACT! Opportunity is created.
Real business benefits:
Implementing XData has dramatically improved Eco Insulations assessment and quoting process, here’s how…
- Moving their forms online means Eco Insulation have been able to reduce their print and paper costs by up to 30% so far, and aim to increase this to 75% in the near future.
- Scopers now have instant access to their task list and customer details so they can be more informed about the people they are visiting.
- Admin staff no longer have to decipher handwriting, re-enter data and file forms for future reference. Everything is now available in ACT! – live.
- Scopers can now present prospects with professionally designed quotes on the spot, rather than waiting until they are in the office and having to re-familiarise themselves with the site.
- All data is now stored in a central location – ACT!, making it accessible to everyone and easier to manage.
- Administrators can convert a quote to an invoice in one click. Quotes generated on site are saved in ACT! as Opportunities. Using the Xact Link for ACT! and QuickBooks these can easily be converted to invoices and emailed to the customer from within ACT!