How is XData provided?
XData is offered as a service by Xact Software and is charged via a monthly fee. You can choose to host your own Act! Premium database or host with us at a competitive rate. For more information on pricing for the API service email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What about security? There are many ways security can be established and managed when using XData - read about them here.
What can XData do?
Enable integration with other systems: Unlike a plugin or addon, integrating with other business software tools using the API can provide a greater level of automation. Manual import/export processes, usually processed by an end user, can be carried out without any intervention and the API can trigger ACT! to perform certain functions such as create a new activity or opportunity.
Provide ACT! functionality on the web: Using the API data and functionality from ACT! can be available via the web in an interface designed specifically for your business requirements. Whether you have a set of complex business processes that you wish to simplify or if you want to give customers/vendors access to their own record data via an online portal, the API makes this possible.
Read our XData Case Studies to see how some of our customers are already using XData to simplify and improve their business processes.
How does it work?
- Submit an online form
- Log in to a customer or vendor web portal
- Integrate with a 3rd party product/service
- Display data from your ACT! Contacts, Activities, Opportunities and Custom Tables
- Create or update an ACT! Contact Record
- Create an Activity
- Create an Opportunity
- Send an Email
New prospects fill in a form on your website asking you to contact them regarding one of your products/services.
Customers log in to a web portal via your website.
Service/support staff log the details of a job on-site via an online form.
If you’re interested in using the API in your business you’ll need to contact us in the first instance. From there the process will be as follows:
- Determine if the API is appropriate: put your ideal application on paper and send it to us, we can then work with you to determine if the API is suitable and how it will work. If you’re looking for ideas have a read of our case studies to see how the API is being used in other businesses.
- Find a developer: Xact Software offer development services and can work with you to provide a solution, you can also choose to contact your own developer and we will provide them with an API key to use on our demo database.
- Build the solution: You will work with Xact or your developer here to fine tune your project and test it so that it is ready to release.
- Go Live: When you’re ready to go live contact us and we will set you up with a competitive hosted solution and provide you with an API key. For pricing information email email@example.com.